If you are looking for the best filtered water bottle for hiking then you have come to the right place. Indeed, it’s very difficult to find a bottle that is best and really suitable for you. When you plan for hiking, you need a special one. The normal bottle is not perfect for hiking.
While hiking, having a lightweight filtered water bottle is essential for any adventure lover. The filtered bottle is necessary because you may find a source of water but can’t find a purifying system.
However, drinking contaminated water or a source of water that you actually do not know whether the water is pure or not will be very risky for your health in hiking or camping. During hiking, if you feel sick due to polluted water, there will be no other way to repent for it. If you have a bottle of pure water!
A Comprehensive Guide To Buying The Best Water Bottle for Hiking
- Easy to Clean: The bottle along with the filter should be easy to clean.
- Durability: The bottle should be sturdy and durable.
- Lightweight: Due to hiking or camping purposes, the filter must be lightweight. Before buying any filter water bottle for hiking, please check filter size, water holding capacity as well as filter quality.
- Filter Quality: Buy such filtered bottles that destroy about 99.99% of bacteria, parasites and viruses. The filter Must have capacity of filtering turbid water as well.
- Portability: Before buying a filtered water bottle for hiking, please check how much properties of portability the Bottle has specially the filter that must. The filter should be changeable after a period of time or filter liters of Water.
- Leak proof: Bottle should be easy to open as it is especially for hiking purpose. Before buying, shake the bottle Upside-down and check whether it is leak proof or not.
Best Filtered Water Bottle for Hiking List
- Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle
- LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
- SurviMate Filtered Water Bottle
- JTTVO Water Bottle
- Seychelle Water Filter Bottle
- Kemier Collapsible Silicone Water Bottles
- Brita Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Motivational Sports Water Bottle
- BOTTLED JOY Water Bottle
- DoBrass Water Filter Bottle
01. Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle
If you are a travel guy and need flexibility of carrying water, this is the best option you are looking for. Because it is very easy to carry and comfortable to use. It is designed 100% leak-proof. Do you want to drop ice in it? The bottle also has a wide mouth lid which makes it easy to add ice.
If you’re looking for a water bottle that will be lightweight, sturdy and easy to transport when you travel then it’ll be your best choice.
This is a great bottle for hiking undoubtedly . The area of the drinking nozzle is neither too teeny nor too scattered. It’s just large enough to get a good glug without effort. The nozzle opens and closes at the top with just a clever twist and does not leak. When the whole cap is off, the wide mouth makes it easy to clean.
There are some special features of the bottle listed below.
- Portability: You can carry it in your wrist, rolling up for compact traveling and quickly to access.
- Durability: Made of thick and flexible BPA-free silicone, sturdy and strong.
- Versatility: Washable, can contain both hot and cold water. Both freezable and collapsible.
- Healthy: It is made of 100% food-grade materials; free of BPA, BPS and PVC or other harmful chemical materials. So, you can consider it hygienic.
02. LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
Just assume you are in the jungle, need filtered water. This is for you. In the bottle, integrated two stages of activated carbon filter help to purify water. It can destroy 99.99% of waterborne bacteria, and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites which can harm you a lot. These types of bacteria and parasites may place in the human intestine and breeding.
It may cause cholera, mucous diarrhea, etc. During traveling or hiking, it will be bad circumstances, won’t it?
Suppose, you are traveling or hiking and your reserved water is over! If you have this one, you can take water from a flowing river or lake. Just fill the bottle with water and automatically it will be filtered. So, you need not think about any extra purification technique.
Suction: It’s very easy to drink from the straw. Although the flow rate might be a little slower than any Camelbak straw water bottle.
Fragility: The bottle seems sturdy enough.
Max 650ml water at a time which means that the bottle will need to be re-filled during a day.
- Remove bacteria as well as parasites
- Two stages of filtration technology
- Durable and reusable
- 23-ounce leak-proof bottle
- Remove micro plastics and viruses
- Reduce lead and heavy metal as well as chlorine & bad taste also.
03. SurviMate Filtered Water Bottle [SURVIVAL MASTER]
Are you a hiking or travel lover? Have a little chance and you will be going out from home? So, while backpacking, you may choose this bottle.
The main specialty of the bottles is that they have medical grade hollow fiber membrane, coconut shell activated carbon, beads and medical-grade PP cotton to be installed. Because of these four high-performance purifiers, your water will be safe in the bottle.
It is very much important to drink plenty of pure water at the time of hiking and the company is very much concerned about this thing and designed such that it can kill waterborne bacteria. The water tastes good and the filter makes it healthier.
The filter membrane of the lower part is sturdy. It prevents water as well as airflow into the filter.
An interesting thing about the bottle is the small compass located on the top of the bottle. You can be helped to find your correct direction by the compass.
So far customer service is quite good. Customers can replace a new bottle if there is face any serious issue. The company’s customer service is exceptional to solve customer’s issues.
- 0.01-micron filter accuracy
- 650 ml water capacity
- Net weight 190 gram
- Actual temperature 32℉-90℉
- 9.4 * 3.1 * 3.1inch water bottle
- The filter straw is effective for up to 1500 liters of water. When the filtered water is up to 1500 liters, it may be needed to replace the filter as well.
The bottle is user friendly. You just need to collect water from any water source. Sip 6/7 times using a straw. To generate a vacuum the suction is required. The bottle is filled up by water through the filter. The filter’s life is 1500L/year. Now, drink your water.
04. JTTVO Water Bottle
JTTVO Water Bottle is a kind of filter bottle which means it has advanced purification systems like Medical Grade Hollow Fiber UF Membrane, Coconut Shell Activated Carbon, Beads and Medical Grade PP Cotton. These four high-performance purifiers are installed in the bottle for an advanced filtration system. If you have this bottle, you will not need to worry about from wherever you fill the water into the bottle, just drink from it.
Though it can purify water as well, we do not recommend the water bottle to be used for the water from the ocean. Not only hiking or travel purposes, but you can also use it as a daily drinking water bottle. We also recommend that blow yesterday’s water out from the filter because it may not be healthy for you.
The straw functions quite quickly and when you drink from it the water doesn’t feel sluggish or trapped.
Those who suck water from a bottle is perfect for them. The bottle is designed hiking friendly.
Apart from this, if you keep ice in the bottle, it will hold it around six hours and twice to hold cold water.
It is designed to look nice in color but it is not at all cheap.
- 0.01-micron filter accuracy
- 3.56 inch diameter x 10.81 inches tall water bottle is only 1 pound weight.
- 22-ounce bottle capacity
- The water flow rate will be 550ml/min
- 9.4 * 3.1 * 3.1-inch water bottle in size.
The bottle is environmentally friendly. If you are conscious of climate change or environmental problems, you can choose this sort of container, as one figure indicates that people just throw 60 million plastic bottles in one day in the USA.
05. Seychelle Water Filter Bottle
Seychelle Water Filter Bottle is extremely demandable for hiking, traveling, backpacking, survival and emergency. For traveling or camping, pure drinking water is much needed. So if you have any filter bottle, you will focus more on your camping, no need to worry about drinking pure water because you have a Seychelle Extreme Water Filter Bottle!
Instead of saltwater, its purifier can purify any contaminated water. The Extreme water filter removes 99.99% of Bacteria, Viruses, as well as Radiological Contaminants. Apart from this, Seychelle Water Filters are manufactured in an ISO 14000 certified facility which has been routinely tested to meet the highest quality standards. It also filters fluoride up to 90%. Not only this, but you can also leave water in the bottle for extended periods of time yet won’t affect the filter.
The filter has a filtering ability of 100 gallons, based upon the consistency of the filtered water. Water can fill the tank very easily with sediment and chemicals, which become really polluted or turbid. It is also recommended that the lifetime of the system be used for the clearest water available.
This water filter eliminates pollutants up to 0.2 microns, allowing the water flow smoother than the pH filters for urban water treated.
The Extreme filter isn’t built explicitly to produce alkaline water. This would help to eliminate acidic substances.
Key Features of Seychelle Water Bottle :
- Make of soft, durable Food Grade materials.
- It is 2 x 2.8 x 5 inches of dimension
- The bottle is BPA free and non-leaching
- 0.2 Micron of filter pore size.
- Up to 100 gallons of filter capacity.
It is a good size to fit into a 30 or 40L backpack mesh water bottle pack. If you need to increase the flow of the water smoothly, It will need sucking or keep pressure from the back side from squeezing the bottle.
06. Kemier Collapsible Silicone Water Bottles
If you are looking for any collapsible and foldable water bottle which can make your journey comfortable, try Kemier Collapsible Silicone Water Bottles.
The bottle is made of medical-grade BPA-free silica gel and non-toxic, odorless material that is approved by the FDA in the United States. Therefore, no need to worry about hygiene. It is designed to clean the bottle easily and leak proof. In addition, the main feature of the bottle is folding capability. You can fold it to carry easily. Moreover, you may use it as your perfect hydration solution at outdoor affairs.
As it can be foldable and has a holder to bring, you can definitely carry the bottle easily. Its smart design and modern look make you stylish as well as fashionable.
- Before initial use, you should wash with boiling hot water, two drops of dish soap, scour and air out to dry.
- Some following methods have to be performed while at home or away traveling:
- Fill with equal parts white vinegar and water, soak for twenty-four, rinse and air out to dry
- Fulfill the bottle with water and add some baking soda or lemon juice, soak for a day, then wash and dry.
- Tighten the lid and shield it while the container is squeezed to prevent the liquid release
- It can be used as a hot or cold compress freezer safe, fill and freeze.
- Bottle body resists heat temperature from -60 to 200 and the cap resists heat temperature from -40 to 120.
07. Brita Stainless Steel Water Bottle
In the summer season, you used to drink more cold water than before. If any bottle contains day long coldness of your cold water? Yes, I am talking about Brita 36478 Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Filter, 32 oz, Jade. It has stainless steel premium filtering option to filter the water. The filter is replaceable which reduces Chlorine. It is portable. Therefore, you can carry in your one hand easily. Unavoidable drips and spills can be avoided because of its leak-proof design.
This bisphenol-A free plastic water bottle is dishwasher safe. You need to replace the bottle’s filter every 40 gallons or within two months. When you fill the bottle full of water it will be heavy to carry yet overall it is lightweight.
Manufacturer : Brita
Dimensions: 15.6 x 11.9 x 11.4 inches
Weight: 1.3 pounds
Height: 10.69 inches
Width: 3.81 inches
Depth: 3.81 inches
Weight: 1.15 lbs.
The important thing about the bottle is to not sucking much. Just drink water from the bottle as if you used straw. if you tighten the cap, it’s incredibly difficult to push water through the straw. But If you partially unscrew the cap or lid, the water will run incredibly effortlessly out of the bottle.
After refilling the bottle, you need to suck to get out of the water from the bottle through the filter. When taken out, the internal straw leaks water so be sure to be conscious else water will leak out of the straw while refilling.
08. Motivational Sports Water Bottle
This water bottle helps you to remain hydrated. It is BPA free and non-odor Tritan plastic bottle. It also has a one-year product warranty. These bottles are very easy to clean and also dishwasher safe.
The bottle is leak and dirt proof. Its triple food-grade silicone seals the bottle shut to enable leak-proof and dirt-proof containment.
The water bottles are suitable for liquids from -10 ° Celsius to 96 ° Celsius. That’s why, it is usable for coffee, tea or even ice cube. The bottles are also suitable for carbonated drinks. However, due to the rich carbon dioxide content, it is recommended that you should fill it to only 70%.
You can smartly carry this bottle with you to the gym or any sports event. These bottles are also suitable for different bicycle cup holders.
The lid is very easy to open and close compactly. It has an Interesting locking system. There is a slide toggle which goes down to lock the top. It toggles upwards to activate and release.
The top is made of solid plastic and makes it like even one drop will crack it the wrong way. The container itself is constructed of a smooth soft plastic material that might tolerate falling water drops.
Eventually, if you need a minimum level of water to drink a day or you have to need your water drinking measurement, you will need this. For example, kidney patients are advised to drink plenty of water with limitations.
09. BOTTLED JOY Water Bottle
The slogan of the bottle is “WE MAKE WATER SAFE TO DRINK”. A sentence can make the whole thing about the bottle. It has a replaceable filter that can filter up to 300 16.9 ounce single-use plastic bottles. There are two stages of filtration technique.
Stage 1: Use advanced hollow fiber membrane technology that removes the smallest microplastics down to 0.1 microns and reduces turbidity down to 0.1 microns;
Stage 2: Activated carbon filter reduces odor, chlorine and leaves zero relishes.
It is effective and reliable on your trip. It doesn’t matter whether you are in the hiking, camping or fishing, it serves you freshwater from your nearest source of water like pond, stream or puddle.
- Its hollow fiber membrane filter is considered a physical barrier against bacteria and parasites. Usually, it can filter 4,000 liters.
- Activated carbon filter reduces organic carbon metals. It can filter about 100 liters.
- Replaceable filter.
It included everything you wanted-a normal straw, a filter straw, and a bottle brush. Only the disposable container it came in was included. All in the package suits in a suitcase for carrying quickly. You can use this and enjoy it on hiking.
The toughest aspect of it was getting the filter fit for use. You can use a syringe but it has to be a little bit bigger. You can make it functional and the water will come out and the taste of the water will be fine. The manual of preparing the filter will be given with the packet. It will be very easy to read.
10. DoBrass Water Filter Bottle
Do you search for camping or hiking friendly as well as BPA free water bottle? Your choice can be DoBrass Water Filter Bottle. It’s one of the best filtered water bottle for hiking in our list. It’s four stages of multi-filter technology removes bacteria and parasites which can harm you and make you sick. Therefore, suppose you are in hiking, need to drink pure and germ-free water. You just refill water and the bottle’s filter will fight for you against bacteria, viruses as well as water-borne diseases and deliver fresh and drinkable water. It’s well design makes one of the best filtered water bottle for hiking.
- 0.01 Micron filter accuracy
- 650 ml volume
- Shelf time is about 5 years
- Operating Temperature will be 32°F to 90°F
- The inside carbon filter is consumable and must be replaced with a new filter after water filtering 1500 liters.
- At the time of first using this bottle, suck hard several times before getting water as the original carbon filter is dry.
- Clean the filter after each use or trip and let it run under tap water for over 5 minutes.
How to Use:
- First, open the package, take off the lid and carbon filter.
- Scour the carbon filter for a minute for the first time and let the water flow through the carbon filter. After that suck a couple of times to get the water up through the filter. Then install and connect the filter with lid;
- Fill water into the bottle, close the lid and sip the water from the silicone nozzle.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
Up to now, we have discussed only bottles, various kinds of bottles you can use in hiking, camping, traveling or personal use. Now, we are talking about water filters that can be used in those bottles.
Here we come with a portable filter named LifeStraw Personal Water Filter. It filters bacteria and parasites as well as microplastics.
You may drink water from anywhere if you have this filter. During any natural disaster or emergency, drinking pure water is essential. Life straw never expires. It is a kind of tool that can filter up to 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters) of contaminated water. But it is a matter of fact that it can not filter chemical toxins.
- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 ounces
- Only LifeStraw Mission can remove viruses
- Filter pore size: 0.2 microns
You have to suck water through a Lifestraw. With a Sawyer or other filters with pump/squeeze action, you won’t rip out your fillings trying to get water. Lifestraw is a nice idea yet difficult to use for many of you.
We pick 10 best filtered water bottle for hiking from hundreds of different bottles. It’s not easy to choose or find a filtered water bottle. We try to make it easier for you to choose and buy within a very short time. We hope these bottles will defiantly help in your hiking and any outdoor activities.